When Should my Child See an Orthodontist?
- 8 is great! The best time for your child’s first (FREE) consultation is when they are 8 years old. By this time, kids have their first adult molars and their bite can be evaluated.
- When the first sign of crowding arises. This can prevent more serious problems later.
At Core Dental, our orthodontist believes that detecting crowding early is key. Our team is passionate about trying to avoid teeth coming in crooked, plus it’s easier to correct your child’s teeth, jaws and muscles while they’re still growing.
Early treatment can:
- Help open your child’s airway
- Make room for teeth that haven’t erupted yet
- Help make a child’s face look more balanced by shaping a growing jaw
- Reduce the need for removal of permanent teeth later
- Reduce the risk of fracture of protruding teeth
- Reduce treatment time with braces
Some conditions that early treatment can help correct are crowding, narrow arches (caused by thumb sucking or mouth breathing), crossbites, overbites and underbites.
Book your free consultation today by calling 780-dentist
For more info on early orthodontic treatment, watch this YouTube video by 60 Minutes!