The Dangers of Mercury Fillings
Why is there so much controversy over mercury fillings? Mercury is a highly poisonous metal that is extremely dangerous to our bodies. Amalgam fillings, which are silver in color, are made up of about 50% mercury.
Scientific research has shown that mercury fillings continuously release vapors during brushing, chewing and grinding. Mercury vapor is also released when fillings are placed and removed.
Mercury poisoning symptoms are:
- Mood swings, nervousness, irritability
- Tremors, weakness, muscle atrophy
Proper removal techniques include:
- Charcoal rinse
- Oxygen mask
- Rubber dam
- DentAirVac aerosol vacuum
- Constant water spray. For more information on the effects of mercury on the human body, please visit the World Health Organization
Call 780-dentist for more information